Get Playing Plus is part of the Queensland Government’s Get in the Game initiative designed to support sport and recreation at the grassroots level. The program assists in developing places and spaces that increase participation opportunities, meet service gaps and address regional needs.
Projects must be a new or major upgrade to an existing place or space that supports participation in sport and recreation activities.
Departmental funding contributions for projects are between $300,000 and $1,500,000 (GST exclusive); depending on the geographic location of the project.
- Registration of Interest open: 1 September 2015
- Registration of Interest close: 15 October 2015
- Project proposals open: 3 February 2016
- Project proposals close: 1 April 2016
- Successful projects approved: 16 May 2016
- Construction period: From 1 July 2016
Who can apply?
Organisations eligible to apply are:
- a local government constituted under the Local Government Act 2009 and the City of Brisbane Act 2010
- a local, regional or state level not-for-profit sport or recreation organisation or
- not-for-profit community organisation (whose primary objective is sport or recreation) incorporated under the:
- Associations Incorporation Act 1981 (Qld)
- Corporations Act 2001 (Cwlth)
- Cooperatives Act 2002 (Cwlth)
- Corporations (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander) Act 2006 (Cwlth)
- Commonwealth Aluminium Corporation Pty Ltd Limited Agreement Act 1957 (Qld)
- a sport or recreation club formed within a Queensland university.
Organisations must also:
- be compliant with the Office of Fair Trading (if applicable).
- have met any contractual obligations of projects currently funded by the department.